Online Video Boot Camp
Key concepts for effective online PR and social media communications
What You'll Learn:
- Demographic profile of online viewers and audience measurement
- Integrating online video into corporate communications campaigns
- Optimizing online video for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- How to choose an video hosting service (paid or free) that’s right for you
- How to cost-effectively produce, edit and upload online videos
- How to build a business case for online video communications
- Where to place video (YouTube, Vimeo, Blip, Revver, Google Video, VideoEgg)
Welcome to the World of Online Video - 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
- The State of Online Video: Who’s watching what and where?
- Going Viral: Stacking the deck in your favor.
- Online Video Case Studies: How Cisco, Deloitte and Blentec are using online video
- How Coca Cola and Perfetti Van Melle lost control of their brands.to two guys in Maine!
Morning Break - 10:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Online Video Basics - 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Online Communications Strategy: Setting measurable objectives for publishing and listening
- Online Video Cheat Sheet: How non-technical personnel can master online video
- Equipping Yourself or Your Workforce with the Right Gear: The simpler, the better.
- Top Ten Mistakes Newbies Make When Recording Online Video, and How to Avoid Them
Lunch - 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Live Interactive Demonstration - 1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Shoot some video
- Transfer it from camera to computer
- Upload the video to YouTube
Afternoon Snack - 2:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Online Video Distribution - 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Video Hosting: How to select the right online hosting service for your organization
- Search Engine Optimization: Small Techniques get large results
- Corporate Policies, Fair Use and Copyright Law, in plain English
Group Discussion: Practical and applied scenarios for workshop delegates
About the Instructor
Eric Schwartzman, founder and chairman of online PR services provider iPressroom, managing director of Los Angeles PR firm Schwartzman & Associates and executive producer of the PRSA award-winning PR Podcast "On the Record...Online," has nearly 20 years of experience as a marketer and a public relations practitioner and specializes in helping clients integrate all aspects of Web-based communications into mainstream PR, corporate communications and marketing campaigns.
Attendees are required to bring their own laptop computers with wireless internet access capability. Wireless internet service is included and will be provided at the venue.