Marketing Sherpa Names "On the Record…Online" Best Business-to-Business Marketing Podcast for 2007
(LOS ANGELES, March 27, 2007) - Out of over 250 entries, MarketingSherpa has awarded their top honors, the coveted Gold B-to-B award, to "On the Record...Online," the popular online pr, new media marketing, and business-to-business marketing podcast that features one-on-one interviews with journalists from the mainstream media discussing how emerging technologies are changing the way organization's communicate, and the way people consume media and information. Winners were announced at Marketing Sherpa's 2007 Gala Awards party held on March 5 at Bongos Cuban Café in Miami, Florida. "If you're in marketing or PR, it has become an occupational hazard to leave your online image to the web guys down the hall," says Eric Schwartzman of iPressroom Corporation. "Through interviews with new media and marketing masters, 'On the Record...Online' gives listeners the strategic and practical knowledge they need to take an active role in how their organizations engage in online conversations." OTRO has been downloaded nearly 200,000 times. These are some of the most popular episodes:
- Walt Mossberg - technology columnist at The Wall Street Journal and "The most powerful arbiter of consumer tastes in the computer world today" according to Newsweek - on his expectations of corporate Online newsrooms, the impact of the web on the business of journalism, and what he dislikes about corporate web sites.
- Ken Auletta - media business columnist at The New Yorker - on the declining newspaper readership and the public's loss of trust for the mainstream news media.
- Harold Burson - founder of Burson-Marsteller PR firm and "The century's most influential PR figure" according to a survey conducted by PRWeek - on the future of the PR industry.
- David Pogue - personal technology columnist at The New York Times - on the future of podcasting and how he decides what makes news.
- Ali Velshi - CNN Business news anchor - on the impact of citizen journalism on the mainstream media and receiving pitches from PR professionals.
- Dean Takahashi - San Jose Mercury news staff writer - on the growth and future of the video game business.
- Al Golin - chairman of PR firm Golin Harris - offers words of advice to those entering, and those already established in the PR field.
- Marcus Chan - podcast editor at the San Francisco Chronicle - on the newspaper's new media initiative and podcasting strategy.
- Jakob Nielsen - web usability guru - on the role internet press rooms play in shaping corporate reputation.
- Rob Barrett - interactive general manager at the LA Times - on whether or not Google News is in breach of copyright violation for content siphoning.
- Anne Thompson - former deputy film editor at The Hollywood Reporter - on how online buzz influences the Academy Awards.
"On the Record...Online" is available at http://www.ontherecordpodcast.com/ or through Google, Yahoo, iTunes, Podcast Alley and most other podcast directories. To see MarketingSherpa's judges' notes, creative samples, and the marketing strategy used for "On the Record...Online" visit MarketingSherpa's Email Marketing Awards Winners Gallery at: http://www.marketingsherpa.com/emaw2007/36.html
iPressroom (http://system1.ipressroom.com) helps companies, institutions and organizations extend the reach of their pr and marketing campaigns using the latest new media tools and services integrated into one powerful online dashboard. Designed by marketing and public relations pros with decades of experience delivering on the needs of journalists on deadline, iPressroom provides practical tools and expert guidance for managing measurable online marketing communications campaigns that drive revenue by converting interest into sales leads. iPressroom provides services to Fortune 500 companies such as CarMax, large PR agencies such as Interpublic-owned BNC (Bragman, Nyman and Cafarelli), as well as non-profit organizations, including the Northwest Area Foundation.
About Schwartzman & Associates, Inc.
Schwartzman & Associates (http://www.ericschwartzman.com/) is a boutique agency that specializes in developing thoroughly researched, mediagenic initiatives that strategically reinforce existing corporate marketing plans. The agency works with corporate clients to build visibility and credibility through media relations, special events, industry events, reputation management and innovative online communications programs, including blogs, podcasts and RSS news feeds. By incorporating emerging technology such as online pressrooms and podcasts into a public relations campaign, Schwartzman & Associates stays ahead of the traditional media relations game while at the same time exposing clients directly to key audiences via the Net.
About MarketingSherpa Inc.
MarketingSherpa is a research firm publishing Case Studies, Benchmark Guides, and How-to Instructional materials for marketing professionals. 237,000 marketers read MarketingSherpa's newsletters, Guides and Web site every week. MarketingSherpa also holds three annual real-world Summits: Email Marketing Summit & Expo March 4-6th in Miami FL, Selling Subscriptions to Internet Content in New York every May, and B-to-B Demand Generation Summit in Boston and San Francisco every October. Praised by The Economist, Harvard Business School's Working Knowledge Site and Entrepreneur.com, the company is now celebrating its 7th anniversary. For more information, visit http://www.marketingsherpa.com/ or call (877) 895-1717.